Thu, 30 Mar|
Solving The UK Housing Crisis
We explore Modern Methods of Construction and its role in creating more sustainable, affordable homes to tackle the UK housing crisis.
Time & Location
30 Mar, 12:00 – 13:30 BST
About the event
In recent decades the cost of buying a home has risen faster than wages, leaving many individuals priced out of the housing market. With a lack of affordable homes and an increasing demand, we explore Modern Methods of Construction and its role in solving the current UK housing crisis.
During 2017-2018, only 7.5% of the homes built in the UK used modular construction, according to Forbes. Whilst this number is growing year on year, we're still a long way off of Sweden's impressive 45%.
During this industry discussion, we'll explore:
- The opportunities presented by MMC
- How to improve innovation and tech adoption within the housing sector
- The barriers to adoption of MMC
- What can we learn from other countries?
- Jeremie Rombaut - Managing Director, Ibstock Futures
- Mark Hood - Head of Architecture, RESI
- Nicola Clayton - Head of BD, Etopia
- Chris Spiceley - Client Accounts Director, Modulous
Who should attend?
This event will benefit senior individuals working within:
- Real Estate
- Property Development
- Housing Associations
- Modular Housing
- Built World Tech
Sign up now. Limited spaces